Dental Crown in Coquitlam
Are you looking for a dental crown in Coquitlam? Look no further than Brookmere Dental Group. We are a full-service dental clinic that specializes in preventive and restorative dentistry. From simple fillings to more advanced procedures such as dental crowns, we have the expertise you need. In this page, we’ll discuss the basics of dental crowns, their uses, and why Brookmere Dental Group is your best choice for reliable care in Coquitlam. Keep reading to learn more!
What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are caps that are placed over teeth. They are usually used to restore a tooth to its original shape and size or to improve the appearance of a tooth. Crowns can also be used to protect a tooth from further damage.
Crowns are usually placed on teeth that have been damaged by decay, injury or wear and tear. They can also be used to support a dental bridge or to cover a dental implant.
If you think you might need a dental crown, talk to our dentist in Port Coquitlam about whether this is the right treatment for you.
What to Expect
If you're considering getting a dental crown in Coquitlam, it's important to know what to expect. The first thing you should know is that dental crowns are not one-size-fits-all. There are many different types of dental crowns, and the type that's right for you will depend on your individual needs and preferences.
Once you've decided on the type of dental crown you want, the next step is to find a qualified dentist who can provide the treatment. At Brookmere Dental Group, our team of experienced dentists can help you choose the right dental crown and ensure that it's properly placed and cared for.
When you come in for your appointment, we'll start by getting to know you and your oral health history. We'll then conduct a thorough examination of your mouth, teeth, and gums to make sure that a dental crown is the best solution for your needs. If we determine that a dental crown is right for you, we'll proceed with creating an impression of your mouth so that we can custom-make your crown.
The entire process usually takes two or three visits to our office. Once your custom-made dental crown is ready, we'll place it over the affected tooth and make any necessary adjustments to ensure a comfortable fit. With proper care, your new dental crown should last for many years to come! Contact our emergency dentist coquitlam team on any dental crown-related emergency!
How Dental Crown Works
A dental crown is a type of dental restoration which completely caps or encircles a tooth or dental implant. Crowns are often used to improve the strength or appearance of teeth.
While there are several types of materials that can be used to create a crown, porcelain is the most popular choice. Porcelain crowns are made to match the color of your natural teeth, making them virtually indistinguishable from the rest of your smile.
Types of dental crowns:
There are three main types of dental crowns:
Porcelain crowns - these are the most popular type of dental crown and are made from porcelain or ceramic. They are matched to the color of your natural teeth and are very strong and durable.
Gold crowns - these are made from gold or other metals and are usually used on back teeth. They are stronger than porcelain crowns but can be more expensive.
Composite resin crowns - these are made from a plastic material and can be matched to the color of your natural teeth. They are not as strong as porcelain or gold crowns but may be a good option for people who have allergies to metals.
Why Choose Dental Crowns
Dental crowns are an ideal solution for repairing damaged or decayed teeth. They can also be used to improve the appearance of your smile by changing the shape, size or color of your teeth. Crowns are custom-made and usually made of porcelain, ceramic or gold.
Here are some reasons why you should choose dental crowns:
1. Dental crowns can restore a tooth to its original shape and size.
2. Crowns can strengthen a tooth that has been weakened by decay or injury.
3. They can improve the appearance of your smile by changing the shape, size or color of your teeth.
4. Dental crowns can protect a tooth from further damage.
5. Crowns can be used to hold a dental bridge in place.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
If you are considering dental crowns in Coquitlam, it is important to first understand what they are and what benefits they can offer. Dental crowns are artificial caps that are placed over existing teeth to improve their appearance or strength. They can be made from a variety of materials, including porcelain, metal, or composite resin.
There are many reasons why someone might choose to get dental crowns. One common reason is to improve the appearance of teeth that are discolored, chipped, or misshapen. Crowns can also be used to protect weak or damaged teeth from further deterioration. In some cases, they may even be used to support a dental bridge.
Crowns can offer several benefits for both your oral health and your overall well-being. Here are just a few of the advantages that dental crowns can provide:
- Improved Appearance: Dental crowns can give you a beautiful smile by covering up imperfections in your natural teeth.
- Greater Strength: Crowns can make your teeth stronger and more resistant to breakage.
- Protection from Decay: By covering up the exposed surfaces of your teeth, crowns can help prevent tooth decay.
- Improved Oral Health: Overall, dental crowns can help improve your oral health by making it easier to keep your mouth clean and healthy.
Post-Dental Crown Care
Once your dental crown has been placed, it is important to take care of it to maintain its longevity and strength. There are a few things you can do to keep your crown in tip-top shape:
1. Avoid chewing on hard foods: Chewing on hard foods can put undue pressure on your dental crown, which can cause it to become loose or even break. Stick to softer foods for the first few days after your procedure, and then slowly introduce harder foods back into your diet.
2. Be careful with sticky foods: Sticky foods can also cause your dental crown to become loose or come off. Avoid chewing gum or eating candy for the first few days after your procedure.
3. Brush and floss regularly: Just like your natural teeth, you need to brush and floss your dental crown regularly to remove plaque and bacteria. Be sure to use a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste to avoid damaging your crown.
4. See your dentist regularly: It is important to see your dentist for regular checkups and cleanings, even if you have a dental crown. Your dentist will be able to check for any problems with your crown and ensure that it is still in good shape.
How long do dental crowns last
Dental crowns can last many years, but the average lifespan of a dental crown is about 10 to 15 years. Crowns may need to be replaced sooner if they become loose or damaged. The lifespan of a dental crown depends on several factors, including the type of crown, the materials used, how well you take care of your teeth, and your overall oral health. Contact our team today!